And ‘the Magic Bucket of Pricing’
Today’s guest is the Chief Practice Management Officer at Perkins Coie, Toby Brown. He leads his firm’s revenue management and efficiency programs, legal project management, pricing, process improvement, practice innovation, alternative staffing and new partner integration. An industry leader he is the founder of LMAs P3 conference and co-founder of the blog ‘3 Geeks in Law’. He also co-authored the book Law Firm Pricing Strategies, Roles, and Responsibilities.
Listen in as we talk about:
- The addition of business professionals in both law firms and in-house legal departments
- How legal tech can be a solution looking for a problem
- The nature of the lawyer/client relationship and fee discussions
- Large firm retainer agreements
- Artificial Intelligence and ‘then a miracle occurs’
- Scoping and the ‘magic bucket of prices’
- Pricing and risk. Timelines and risk
- Advice to the new partner
Episode mentions include Perkins Coie CIO, Rick Howell; and Dr. Silvia Hodges Silverstein of The Buying Legal Council.
This episode is sponsored by CLOC – Corporate Legal Operations Consortium: